Call for Tutorials
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for tutorials to be held in conjunction with the EuroSys 2011 conference. The purpose of tutorials is to educate conference attendees about specific topics or to provide background necessary to understand technical advances. The tutorial should attract a wide audience, provide an introduction to the chosen research area and should cover the most important work in depth. Proposals should not be exclusively focused on the presenter's own work or a commercial product.
Proposals should include:
- Title of the tutorial, contact information for the presenter(s) (name, email address, affiliation), duration (half day or full day), keywords, and scope or objective of the proposed tutorial.
- Characterization of the intended target audience for the tutorial, including prerequisite knowledge.
- A brief description of the tutorial, suitable for display on the conference web site.
- A detailed outline of the tutorial addressing the following issues: references to past tutorials or teaching materials, why the topic is of interest for EuroSys 2011 attendees,the expected benefit to participants, depth and scope of the exposed topics, exercises, software demonstrations, etc.
- A brief CV of the presenter, highlighting her/his background in the tutorial area and evidences of teaching experience. Links to slides or videos from the presenter’s previous lectures or talks is helpful, but not mandatory.
The evaluation of the proposal will take into account its general interest for EuroSys 2011 attendees, the quality of the proposal, the expertise of the presenters, and general program considerations.
The EuroSys organization provides:
- Management of registration for participants.
- Setup of meeting space, and presentation equipment.
- Coffee break arrangements.
- Reproduction of tutorial handouts.
Tutorial presenters are responsible for:
- Any additional equipment needed for the tutorial (hardware, software)
- Providing tutorial handout material to the tutorial chair 1 month prior to the tutorial.
- Presenting the tutorial at EuroSys 2011.
The EuroSys 2010 tutorial chairs reserve the right to cancel any tutorial if too few attendees are registered for the tutorial. Tutorial speakers will be honored by a free conference registration.
|Tutorial proposals due|
|Date of tutorials||April 10, 2011|
Please send electronic submissions, preferably in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send a confirmation email when we receive the proposal. If you do not receive a confirmation after 24 hours, please resend the proposal.
Feel free to send any questions regarding the EuroSys 2011 tutorials to the tutorial chair at email@example.com.